Develop an educational robot arm platform that aims to provide a experiential learning framework to develop a custom robot arm through guided, hands-on tutorials in the following areas:
- Robot arm Theory
- Robot arm Design and Mechanics
- Robot arm Kinematics using ROS MoveIt
- Computer Vision
- Reinforcement learning + Control of robot arms
These will be designed to be independent modules for those interested in software or hardware to learn robotics skills in their respective areas.
Targeted for The Construct ROS Development environment.
Milestones and Progress
- Develop simple pick and place arm (Mostly Done)
- Use computer vision to identify and locate objects (In progress)
- Use reinforcement learning to improve ability to pick up obscure objects related to specific application (Not yet started)