A general summary of all the progress that was made in the Fall of 2022.
Developing an drone that autonomously delivers packages.
Build and develop a drone that can be used in the applications of last-mile delivery.
- Hardware: Build the physical drone, develop the controls algorithm for a flight controller.
- Obstacle Avoidance: Plan a long term route, detect obstacles, and avoid them.
- Flight Controller: Design and build a simple flight controller using Raspberry Pi PICOs.
- Research: Identify the latest technologies in the field that can be used by the other team.
- Mobile App: Build a mobile app that enables users to interface with the drone.
- Motors: T-Motor U7 V2.0
- 6 total
- 4.55kg Lift / Motor
- Over 27kg of Thrust!
- 47.5A Draw at 100% Throttle
- Props: Tarot 1855
- 18’’ Diameter
- 5.5’’ Pitch
- Carbon fiber
- Frame: Tarot T960
- Hexacopter Configuration
- 960mm Diameter
- Battery: Tattu Plus LiPo Battery Pack
- 25C Discharge Rate
- Power Delivery (ESC): xRotor 40A
- 60A Max Current
- Rated for 6S LiPo (22.2V)
- Flight Controller: Custom controller.
- Based on Raspberry PI Pico.
- 3 axis Gyro, and 3 axis acclereometer.
- Camera: Intel RealSense D453
- Stereoscopic Depth Sensing
- < 2% Error Within 2m
- Companion Computer: Jetson Nano
- Quad-core AMD Cortex
- 4GB Onboard Memory
- 128 Cuda Cores
- Infrared sensor: TBD
- Used to find precise distance from ground to see if landing area is safe.
- Camera rotator/gimbal
- Will rotate camera from forward-facing to downwards to ensure safe landing area.
- Stabilization of camera during flight to minimize noise in optical data
- Parcel container
- Minimize impact on aerodynamic performance
- Safe to access for users
- Food Preservation
- Keep food hot, or cold, to ensure minimal loss in quality during delivery
- PX4: PX4 is the firmware that runs on the Pixhawk 6c. It controls and recieves data all of the motors and sensors attached.
- QGroundControl: QGroundControl is the application used to connect to, configure, and program the drone to fly autonomously.
- Robot Operating System (ROS):
How we plan the path the drone will take before it takes flight
Last modified February 5, 2023: Updated index.md (54bed39)