ARC currently holds shop space at BIDC. Students can use this space for manufacturing and assembling parts, hosting project meetings and storing equipment.
Anyone looking to use the space must complete the required trainings. To do this, join the BIDC group on passport and obtain the following badges:
Additional badges are required for manufacturing tasks such as using the drill press, vertical bandsaw, etc.
Card Swipe Access
BIDC only grants ARC a limited number of positions for people with card swipe access. Because of this, we try to equally divide those with access across each project.
To have a meeting at BIDC, you need to ensure at least one of the attending members will have swipe access to let everyone else in.
The current swipe list is:
- Rocket League
- Harrison McCarty (mccarth at purdue.edu)
- James Baxter (baxter26 at purdue.edu)
- Robert Ketler (rketler at purdue.edu)
- Justin Lee (lee3228 at purdue.edu)
- Wizard Chess
- Ilina Adhikari (iadhikar at purdue.edu)
- Vinitha Marupeddi (vmaruped at purdue.edu)
- Emma Block (block21 at purdue.edu)
- Robot Arm
- Raghava Uppuluri (ruppulur at purdue.edu)
- Bronson Yen (yen22 at purdue.edu)
- Sara Swanlund (sswanlun at purdue.edu)
- Drone Delivery
- Sooraj Chetput Venkataraghavan (schetput at purdue.edu)
- Cade Jarrett (jarrettc at purdue.edu)
- Piano Hand
- Revanth Senthilkumaran (senthilr at purdue.edu)
- Rugved Dikay (rdikay at purdue.edu)
- Manas Paranjape (mparanja at purdue.edu)
ARC maintains two 3D printers within the shop space:
- Tony: Monoprice Maker Select 2
- Chelsea: Creality CR-6 SE
If you have an interest in using either printer, reach out in the ARC discord under the “3D printing” channel.
The recommended printer profiles using the Cura Slicer:
Layer height: 0.15 mm Top thickness: 0.8 Bottom thickness: 0.8 Bottom layers: 6 Infill density: 20% Print speed: 35.0 mm/s Cooling: 75% Raft supports are optional
Print Speed: 50.0 mm/s Infill density: 15% Wall Thickness: 1.05 mm Top/Bottom Thickness: 0.72 mm Build Plate Temperature: 60 C Layer Height: 0.15 mm Initial Layer Height: 0.2625 mm Top/Bottom Layer Height: 0.8 mm Minimum Layer Time: 5s Minimum Speed: 10 mm/s Fan Speed: 100% Cooling: 100%